Author Topic: What's up with Budweiser?  (Read 296 times)

Offline W5HRO

• Administrator
What's up with Budweiser?
« on: Apr 08, 2014, 06:07 PM »
I don't know what's up with Budweiser, but I guess ever since Bud Light Platinum became a big hit with really strong sales they decided to release another strong, but non-light 6.0% beer this time called Black Crown. It’s not available in many states just like the Platinum, but it tastes like imported beer. I just bought my second 12-pack.

Offline W5HRO

• Administrator
Re: What's up with Budweiser?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2014, 06:07 PM »
Someone was telling me that years ago (not too long ago actually) when the micro brewery’s started popping up around the country that the big breweries had many of the inspectors in their back pockets. So, it took a new company a long time to get licensed to brew and sell beer. Well, as time went on the big breweries like Anheuser-Busch finally gave up and there are now so many micro breweries around that the big companies like Anheuser-Busch and Coors have had to step it up in recent years to compete because of declining sales.

That actually all makes sense as too why Anheuser-Busch came out with Bud Light Platinum and now Black Crown. I guess its good for consumers, but its still interesting.

Offline W1AC

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2014, 06:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
...  they decided to release another strong, but non-light 6.0% beer this time called Black Crown. It’s not available in many states just like the Platinum, but it tastes like imported beer. I just bought my second 12-pack.

It is utterly impossible for Anheuser-Busch to spew out a beverage which tastes like anything even close to an imported beer.

Imported aluminum filings, maybe, or imported pig iron, but not imported beer.

If Anheuser-Busch ever produces a marginally-palatable beverage of any sort, water included, I will know the end of the universe is near.

Bill, W1AC

Offline W5HRO

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2014, 06:08 PM »
I've had a lot of imported beer some of which tasted pretty awful and made me feel :icon_sick:

What I was trying to say is it doesn't taste like Budwiser and tastes better than some of the really crappy imported beer I've had in the past.

Anyway, when it comes to beer some people like lagers and some people like ales. I personally cannot stand ale because to me it tastes just like urine 90% of the time :icon_thumbdown:

Offline KM1H

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2014, 03:54 PM »
Having spent considerable time on 6 continents and many, many countries I can guarantee that there are many foreign beers that are pure p**s water before you drink it ::)

Im not saying that the US doesnt compete in that category quite well also :lol:

My #2 son, having spent close to 16 years of his USAF career in Europe and the close in former USSR Asiatic republics, has become a total beer snob and when he visits he either carries his own, picks up his favorites when first stopping in DC or NY, or drives to Boston once here.

Carl